Friday, January 18, 2013

Home

"Home is in the taste of being with myself, walking next to what is familiar, towards what is cherished." 
The invitation. 

So many doors I have knocked on, so many places i have abandoned in search of home only to find that I was always home and never needed to search for it. Just open my eyes to it. Open my heart to it. 
So many times l have tried to give my bleeding heart to someone to care for it, only so I can feel like I mattered. 
Failing to see I am the one caring for my heart and I should stop trying to hand that responsibility over. Failing to see we are all equally important and unimportant and it is all just an ego game. 

When someone finally snaps the warm blanket I have been cuddling under I get furious, and inch barefoot and cold toward the pale dawn, the smile on the face slowly melting the cold and anger in the heart; realizing I am witnessing the most gorgeous sunrise. The dawn of the new day, of the unexpected, of the horizon. 
So I stop shying away from it and salute the quiet moment with stillness inside. 
A moment of peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment